Aerobic or cardiovascular exercises engage your vast muscle groups in rhythmic motion for an extended length of time. Exercises that increase your heart rate cause you to breathe more forcefully than usual and you could even feel a little out of breath. Exercises for the heart include:
- Brisk walking
- Aerobics classes
- Stair climbing
- Elliptical training
No matter your age, cardio can assist to strengthen your heart and muscles, boost your lung capacity, and increase your stamina and endurance. Cardio exercises can also
- Burning calories and managing appetite, aid in weight management.
- Lower blood pressure and keep blood sugar in control.
- Lower the likelihood that elderly people will fall.
- Boost cognition and memory; even assist in preventing mental decline and managing Alzheimer’s symptoms.
- Reduce stiffness and joint discomfort.
- You can relax, improve your attitude, and have a better night’s sleep