Physical activity literally has the power to save your life! In addition to improving your physical health, being healthy can also improve your emotional and mental health. You can only become physically healthy by engaging in moderate-intensity physical activity for 30 minutes, five days a week. Fitness and physical exercise are related. Fitness goes beyond having a lean, muscular figure or being a 10K runner. The secret to achieving the best possible health and general well-being, in my opinion, is fitness.
The benefits of exercise are lifesaving! Your physical, emotional, and mental health, as well as other aspects of your life, can all be impacted by your level of fitness. To get physically healthy, you only need to engage in moderate-intensity exercise for 30 minutes, five days a week. Activity and fitness are related. Fitness is more than just a lean, strong body or a 10K runner. The secret to good health and total well-being, in my opinion, is fitness.
Here are some tips to get you started.
- Get a physical exam before beginning any exercise program.
- Find activities you enjoy doing each day.
- Start slowly. Don’t expect fitness results to happen overnight.
- Follow a progressive program of exercise. Hire a personal trainer to help you with motivation and coaching, or to learn how to exercise properly.
- Invite a friend, spouse or family member to join you.
- Set realistic goals and measure your results in 3-month intervals.
- Don’t stop if you aren’t getting the results you expect. If you stop, you will never get the results. Results aren’t just how you look, it’s how you feel and your level of health.
- Think of exercise as adding quality months and years onto your life.