Regular jogging improves the physical condition and has other health advantages. Running is enjoyable on both physical and mental level.
JOGGING’S HEALTH BENEFITS
Regular jogging has a noticeable positive impact on overall health, provided it is not overdone. The outcomes are:
* Jogging strengthens the heart. It boosts the respiratory system’s and blood circulation’s capacity.
* It facilitates digestion and aids in the relief of digestive discomfort.
* It fights off depression.
* It improves one’s capacity for employment and active living.
* You burn fat while jogging, which prevents weight gain.
* Jogging will increase your appetite.
* Jogging will help you build a stronger hip, back, and leg muscles.
* Jogging makes you sleep better.
THE REWARD OF RUNNING
As long as you don’t overdo it, jogging makes you feel good physically and mentally. When jogging is done properly, you will feel less exhausted. You experience pleasant muscle sensations both during and after jogging.
The wind will feel like it is circling your body. You will hear the sounds of birds chirping, streams’ melodic water running, and waves crashing against the shore. After a while of jogging, you will also experience euphoria mentally.
GARMENTS AND SHOES
The clothing you were wearing needed to be appropriate for the weather. In warm weather, a t-shirt and shorts are sufficient. If you’re running on a long route, it might be helpful to bring an extra outfit in a small backpack in case the weather worsens. You need to wear more layers of clothing when it’s colder outside. In either case, the following requirements apply to the clothing:
You should wear light, soft clothing without any sharp edges, sutures, or folds. They should be seated relatively close to your body, but not so close that you feel confined or restricted in your movements.
The fabric of the clothing should allow for adequate moisture, sweat, and perspiration ventilation. The ideal fabric should completely keep water out from the outside, but this requirement is challenging to meet when combined with the need for good ventilation.
You should wear reasonably soft shoes that are well-shaped to fit the anatomical contours of your feet. When you move your feet normally, the soles should bend easily while still providing solid support to the ground. To prevent sliding while jogging, the underside of the sole should provide friction against any type of surface. The soles should be effective at absorbing each ground impact.
SESSIONS AND ROUTES FOR JOGGING
There are many different methods of jogging.
* Long-distance jogging over a distance of 6 to 20 km at a moderate pace on flat terrain.
* Fast, short-distance jogging of 3–6 km.
* Jogging uphill for 3–4 km at a speed proportionate to how steep the terrain is.
* Running 4–8 km in a hilly area with paths that go up and down
It is advisable to switch up your jogging style every day. The jogging then becomes more entertaining, and you receive varied training.
HOW TO COMPLETE A SESSION OF JOGGING
To warm up your muscles, you should move slowly for the first few hundred meters. Then you gradually increase your speed and muscular effort. When you’ve completed half the distance, you can sprint using your maximum capacity. If the distance is sufficient, you can run two or three sprints at nearly full speed. Over the final 100 meters, you gradually slow down once more.
PERFORMING BODY STRETCHES BEFORE AND AFTER EACH SESSION
It is advisable to stretch your entire body, not just the muscles in your feet, two minutes before and three to four minutes after each jogging session. Perform the following movements when stretching:
* Squint your eyes and reach for your toes.
* Place one foot on the ground and extend the other foot backwards.
* Extend both sides of your body.
* Extend an arm, grab something, then turn around so that your arm is bent in the back.
* Point your abdomen forward, bending your spine into a bow-shaped position.
* Extend your arms behind your back and place your hands behind your neck. Then bend to each side and turn your body to the left and right.
Sometimes it’s best to wait a few minutes after jogging before stretching out, allowing the worst of the fatigue to pass first.
HOW OFTEN AND WHEN
A jogging session every other day is ideal if that is the only sports activity you engage in. This is sufficient to provide all the health benefits and gradually improve your condition and endurance without wearing you out. Two times per week may be sufficient if you combine jogging with other kinds of physical activity.
While you shouldn’t be overly hungry before jogging, it is not a good idea to go for a run right after a substantial meal. No matter what time of day it is, you shouldn’t go for a jog first thing in the morning.
HOW TO START
It is advised to speak with a doctor before beginning jogging if you are not used to physical activity. You might have health conditions that prevent you from engaging in jogging activities or that you need to take into account while jogging.
You should only jog for 10 minutes the first time, and only on flat, open terrain. Then you can choose steeper, harder paths and lengthen the time, distance, and speed.