When you meet someone, the first thing you notice about them is their appearance. The body begins to fail you as you age, but there are a few things you can do. Some suggestions are very easy to implement, while others require a little more work, but they can all help you look younger and turn back the hands of time.
1. One of the best ways to look younger and more confident is to stand up straight. Stand straight, stomach in, and your shoulders should be back and down. At first, you’ll need to practice and catch yourself making a straight posture, but soon it’ll come naturally. It will also help if you engage in abdominal muscle strengthening exercises.
2. You will feel younger and healthier if you get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night. Your body needs sleep to rejuvenate your mind and repair your body’s cells.
3. You look younger and more radiant when you smile. Additionally, smiling takes your focus off of your aging features. Simply smiling alters the entire appearance of your face; try it while facing a mirror and observe the transformation.
4. No rule says you must have a short haircut because you are older. A short hairstyle can be cut to frame and flatter your face depending on the shape of your face. This is a great way to deflect attention from aging symptoms. However, if you have a good haircut that is shaped and possibly layered, longer hairstyles can still be equally flattering. The best way to cut your hair should be suggested by a competent hairstylist since it depends not only on the shape of your face but also on the texture and volume of your hair.
5. The telltale grey hairs can be effectively concealed by coloring your hair. It is best to select a color that is close to your natural hue so that it will innately enhance the tones of your face. Instead of all-over color, you can have high lights or low lights applied to your hair, which don’t need to be redone as frequently.
6. Choose the right clothing to accentuate your features and cover up any flaws in your body. For instance, you can conceal flabby arms by wearing three-quarter-length sleeves. Because your skin tones become greyer as you age, wearing soft colors will make you appear younger.
7. Keep your teeth clean by brushing, flossing, and visiting the dentist regularly to have your teeth examined. Additionally, having your teeth cleaned can prevent unnecessarily losing teeth by preventing plaque buildup. The dentist may advise teeth whitening if yours are discolored so that you will be proud to smile and display your pearly whites.
8. Additionally, shedding pounds can make you look younger. As you shed pounds, be sure to tone your body with aerobic and resistance training.
9. As long as you don’t cake it on, makeup can also be beneficial. It is preferable to use a light foundation rather than a heavier one that emphasizes wrinkles and sinks into them. Use caution when choosing eyeshadows because cream-based ones will settle into your wrinkles.
10. Take care of your skin. Instead of washing your face with soap and water, use a suitable cleanser that will dissolve all of the makeup on your face and thoroughly cleanse it. Make sure to always remove your makeup before going to bed because one night of leaving it on can cause your skin to age by eight days. After cleansing, be sure to moisturize your skin to maintain its hydration and youthful appearance.
Starting today, pick a few of the suggestions for how to look younger that have been provided above, put them into practice, and observe the changes in your appearance.